In April 2008, the Environmental Protection Department (EPD) of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), in collaboration the then Economic and Information Commission of Guangdong Province (now the Department of Industry and Information Technology of Guangdong Province) to launch the Cleaner Production Partnership Programme (the Programme). Professional advice and technical support is provided under the Programme to encourage and facilitate Hong Kong-owned factories in Hong Kong and Guangdong Province to adopt cleaner production technologies and practices, thereby making a positive contribution to improving the air quality and the regional environment.
To further galvanise the efforts in promoting cleaner production, the Hong Kong and Guangdong governments jointly launched the “Hong Kong – Guangdong Cleaner Production Partners Recognition Scheme” in August 2009, awarding commendations to those Hong Kong-owned enterprises which demonstrate active participation in cleaner production.
recgonises Hong Kong-owned factories that have made continuous effort in pursuing cleaner production with significant achievement.
recognises Hong Kong-owned factories that have achieved good results in cleaner production, and encourages them to sustain their improved performances.
In addition, those sourcing enterprises which actively encourage their Hong Kong-owned factory suppliers to adopt cleaner production will be granted a commendation “Hong Kong - Guangdong Cleaner Production Partner (Supply Chain)".
In 2010, the Scheme has been extended to a new commendation category. A commendation, “Hong Kong – Guangdong Cleaner Production Partners (Technology Service)” will be granted to environmental technology (ET) service providers who have actively participated in the Programme and provided quality services to participating factories.
1. receive a certificate jointly issued by the Environment and Ecology Bureau of the Government of the HKSAR and Department of Industry and Information Technology of Guangdong Province with a unique serial number;
2. use the Commendation Logo on documents, business cards, business promotional materials within the validity period;
3. have opportunity to share their achievements and successful experiences in protecting the environment at public events or in media interview; and
4. attend the awards presentation ceremony and other events to gain extensive media coverage.
5. be considered by the Hong Kong Export Credit Insurance Corporation for offering a premium discount on export credit insurance so as to encourage and support exporters to develop green export trade*.
*For further information and enquiries, please contact HKECIC direct. (Ms Gina SAN Tel: 2732 9998; Email:firstname.lastname@example.org)
For the information on HKECIC’s green export credit insurance, please click here.